On Tuesday nights, our team “Optimistic About Fourth Place,” plays trivia at Shameless O’Leery’s, a local watering hole. Some weeks, we do really well; like last week, we won second place! And that was actually the second time we won second place (see! it wasn’t just a fluke), which comes with a $20 bar gift card and some bragging rights at the office. Other weeks, we don’t do so hot; like this week, we finished somewhere in the neighborhood of fifth. Win or not, we have a grand time, and I am so glad to have friends who like to do this kind of thing on a week night.
For fun, here’s some recent trivia questions for you! If you know all the answers, then you should definitely come play on our team!
- Is Bob Dole dead or alive?
- What do you call a group of raccoons?
- Locate the following horse leg parts: pastern, gaskin, and cannon (this was a visual round question)
- Who stole the record number of bases – 1406 – during his baseball career?
- What is the fewest number of moves you would need to make to win a game of battleship?
- What is the name of the Greek goddess of wisdom?
- What is the sum of the first three prime numbers?
- What is the name of the world’s third largest ocean?
- What do these three things have in common: Jelly Bean, KitKat, and Ice Cream Sandwich?
- Name the four US presidents who were assassinated while in office.
If you want the answers, you can ask my friend Google.